Phil Ecker, MD
Stanford and Mayo Trained Dermatologist
- Board Certified in Dermatology - American Board of Physician Specialists
- B.A. in Biochemistry, summa cum laude, Valedictorian, Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri
- M.D., Stanford University School of Medicine, California
- Internship, Transitional Year Residency Program, Gundersen Lutheran, Wisconsin
- Dermatology Residency, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Minnesota
- American Academy of Dermatology
- International Society of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Society for Mohs Surgery
Dr. Ecker, a native of the Minneapolis area, spent most of his training outside of the area, but is glad to have returned home near family and friends. Having trained at two top-tier dermatology institutions, Stanford University and the Mayo Clinic, he had the opportunity to see a wide-range of dermatologic conditions, from the most challenging and complex to everyday skin problems. During residency, he became well versed in clinical, surgical, and pathological dermatology, learning from many of the field's leaders.
Professionally, Dr. Ecker enjoys the variety of a general and cosmetic dermatology practice, but specializes in medical and surgical dermatology. This ranges from evaluating complex rashes, identifying and treating skin cancer including Mohs micrographic surgery, mole and lesion evaluation, treating psoriasis, eczema and other chronic inflammatory skin disorders, to acne and rosacea treatment plans.
Outside of dermatology, Dr. Ecker enjoys spending time with his wife, Megan, two kids, Aiden and Riley, and puppy Lucy. They reside in Orono. He enjoys alpine skiing, tennis, basketball, and running. He participated in the 25th, 29th, and 32nd Twin Cities Marathons.